The everyday life of our Christian, homeschooling family of 6!

Saturday, February 5, 2011

What a night

Oh boy, was yesterday a fun (read: crazy) day! After getting at least 5 inches of snow, hubby called into work to say he wasn't going in. Of course, when anything happens that's not the 'norm', everyone seems to go crazy....not to mention that we'd all been stuck inside the house for DAYS! So, after a long, exhausting day, we had our usual '5 o'clock meltdown' right on schedule. Well, a fellow homeschooling dad posted that the Men's Night Out they had planned was still on, so I basically forced hubby to go as I know he was losing his mind having to listen to the children fussing. He leaves, I get all the kids ready for bed and down, then I sit down to have a few minutes of....wait for it....PEACE! AAAAaaaaahhhhh! Well, around 845, I hear Anna start to fuss a bit, so I went in there to see what was wrong. She said that her tummy hurt and I gave her a sip of water, then laid her back down and covered her with her blankie. She was quiet and I figured that she just went back to sleep. Well, another 5 minutes later and I hear her fully crying and almost screaming this time, so I run in there, and yeah.....poor thing was getting sick all over the place!! I have to catch it all with her beloved blankie as it was the only thing within reach, and when it let up for a minute, I took the opportunity to carry her as fast as I could to the tub so we could get her a bath to clean her up. It's at this time that hubby walks in the door from his night out and the first thing he gets to do is clean up sickness. Poor guy. So Anna gets a bath at 900 at night, we get her out and dressed in clean jammies and she tells us she's going to get sick again. We had to let her stay in the bathroom for a while to make sure she was in close proximity to the potty when she needed to get sick. It was during this time that I took her temp....no fever, thank goodness! But she was still getting sick every now and then, so I sent poor hubby out to get some Sprite, soup and saltines. Bless his heart, he went without complaining. When he got back, we poured Anna a cup of Sprite, but she immediately got sick again at the table. Ugh. Back to the bathroom we went. At this point, I couldn't ignore poor Clara in the room fussing for me, so I had to go and nurse her to calm her back to sleep. Just a few minutes later hubby came in saying that Anna had taken some of the Sprite and a cracker and was back in bed.

This morning we all woke up and, PRAISE GOD, she felt completely fine! Must've just been too many cookies yesterday on top of the spicy cajun catfish she ate for dinner. Oops. Just very grateful that she is in fact well and praying for a sickie-free weekend!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment