The everyday life of our Christian, homeschooling family of 6!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Call me crazy...

...my husband does! A few other people probably have behind my back as well, and you know what, I'm just fine with that!

If you're reading this blog, then you obviously know me in some shape, form or fashion. I've got my family, old high school friends, my moms group friends, my homeschool group friends, my J07M friends, my FF friends, my natural birth and parenting friends, my EOF friends and some other 'friends' I've picked up along the way via Facebook. And each different set of friends knows different things about me. There are a few things that most don't know, though. And yes, my husband calls me crazy for it, so I don't mind if you think I'm crazy either. But I think my birth junkie friends will love it! :)

So, here goes...I am DESPERATELY desiring to finally fulfill my dream of becoming a birth doula. "Eh, that's not so bad" some of you may say. Cool. What if I told you I also really want to learn to encapsulate placentas??? Yep...that did it. Call me crazy, I told you you would! Whatever you think, though, I can handle it. Becoming a doula has been a desire of my heart for over 4 years now and I think I'm finally getting closer to being able to get the training done and start helping women through the beautiful time of their lives which is labor and birth. And as for the placenta encapsulation? That's still something I'm looking into. Sure, there is ONE place that provides actual training and certification for it, but you know...I'm just not sure that's the right avenue for me. So, still looking into that.

Just figured I'd throw this info out there. I have gone completely off the 'deep end'....I'm crunchy.....granola.....hippie-dippy....whatever you want to call it. You can now refer to me as the TRULY crazy lady, and I will hold that title with the utmost honor!

1 comment:

  1. Haaha!! I am totally doing encapsulation with my next baby. I had never heard of it til after A was born and I was sooo upset I didnt do it. As for being a doula I think thats awesome! Ive often thought about going to midwifery school at some point so I totally understand wanting to be of service to other mamas. I like being a nurse and at one time thought l&d would be right for me after I had kids but now NO WAY!!! Im not pleased with the standards of care these days and I cannot in good conscience aid and abet the hospital birth culture that exists nowadays.
    So......Go Girl!!!

    ReplyDelete